Posted: 11 March 2022
I woke this morning and took a photo from the bedroom window of the length of the dyke that I had been working on yesterday. With the dyke levels being so low it was not easy to see that there had been much improvement on that stretch as there were still places where you could see the silt at the bottom of the dyke.
After dressing, and with breakfast consumed, it was 09:40 when I was ready to start work on the most choked part of the dyke, the section that is only accessible from Peter's side of the hedge by the new patio.
Two hours later the top of the dyke was cleared with a fair amount of muck left on the bank. I've told Peter that I'll wait a few days until it dries and then spread it around so the ground is a little smoother.
To finish off. I worked down the whole dyke on Peter's bank using the long handled blade that the Green Team left with us to cut the reeds that had been knocked over, rather than cut, while raking out the other growth. Then I used our throwing rake, dragging it the full length of the dyke to collect the cuttings, lifting them onto the bank with the conventional rake.
After that I decided it would be a good idea to take a final photograph to compare with that taken at the end of the first day's work on the dyke.